From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The Atlanta Fulton County Zoo, commonly referred to as Zoo Atlanta, costs a family of four nearly $75 for a single day's admission. Zoo Atlanta deals can make a visit more affordable. Regular visitors can save with annual memberships, and discounts are available for for senior citizens, military personnel, and college students.
Deals are available for Georgia residents, as well as for visitors from out of town. The Fulton County Zoo participates in Georgia's Library Pass program, permitting a family of four free admission once a year. Many Atlanta area hotels have package deals that include free zoo tickets for customers who stay at the hotel.
Flickr: Timothy J
|Operated by||Atlanta Fulton County Zoo, Inc.|
|Address||800 Cherokee Avenue SE, Atlanta GA 30315|
|Types of deals||Free admission, ticket discounts|
|Typical savings||50% to 100% off|
Zoo Atlanta Coupons and Free Admission Offers
- On its annual "Educator Appreciation Day" - a special event for teachers, professors, homeschooling parents, school admin professionals, and PTA members - educators receive free admission and a $2 admission discount for each guest. Visitors must register online before attending and must bring identification that verifies their educator position. In 2013, this event will be held on September 7. Visitors may enter the special "Educators' Lounge" from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to get a coupon good for 10 percent off purchases at the gift shop.
- Atlanta area businesses offer discount coupons and tickets for the Atlanta Fulton County Zoo at various times throughout the year. Atlanta-area McDonald’s restaurants, for example, offered one free kid’s ticket with the purchase of every Happy Meal in June of 2011.
- Fathers received free admission on Father’s Day in 2013 when they purchased a child’s admission ticket the same day.
Zoo Atlanta Discounts and Deals
- Half-price admission tickets can be purchased in advance online through AtlanTIX, at atix.tix.com/Schedule.asp?ActCode=3556. The tickets are sold for admission up to one day prior to the visit. The price is half the regular admission rate. A service fee of $2 plus 15% of the regular admission price is added to the order.
- Discounted Fulton County Zoo tickets are available from a variety of places. Daily deal websites in the metro Atlanta area frequently offer discounts of more than 50 percent on general admission. Previous deals offered include:
- Tickets for one child and one adult for $10
- 50 percent off general admission and an unlimited ride pass
- Atlanta visitors that want to visit several city attractions can receive discounted admission to the zoo by purchasing a CityPASS. This package allows tourists to visit up to five attractions in the area, including the zoo, at a 50 percent discount. Other attractions included on the pass are the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, the High Museum of Art or the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, and the Inside CNN Studio Tour. The pass is valid for 9 days.
- There are also several special deals for park visitors, including the Premium Pass, the All-Day Play Pass, and combo tickets to the zoo and the Georgia Aquarium.
- Annual memberships are available in a variety of price ranges. Members pay a single fee and receive unlimited admission for an entire year. Annual pass-holders qualify for discounts on camps, classes, workshops, and special events. Members also receive exclusive invitations to select events throughout the year.
- Each September is designated as Swaptember, and members of participating Atlanta organizations receive $10 off annual membership to the zoo. Participating institutions include the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, Atlanta History Center/Margaret Mitchell House, Callaway Gardens, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Georgia Aquarium, Georgia Shakespeare, High Museum of Art, Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, and the Michael C. Carlos Museum.
- Members of institutions on the Association of Zoos and Aquariums Reciprocal List receive a 50% discount on admission. The list of institutions whose members are eligible for this deal can be found online at aza.org/reciprocity.
- Home School Field Trip Days are held on the first Tuesday of every month. Admission is $9, plus tax, per student. The tax will be waived if the group has a tax exemption certificate. Reservations are not required, unless the group size is 10 or more. Groups of 10 or more are welcome on the designated Home School Field Trip Day, but can also reserve field trips for other days. One chaperone is admitted free for every 10 students; additional chaperones pay the $9 student rate.
- If the outdoor temperature falls below 45 degrees Fahrenheit, the attraction reduces ticket prices for all visitors by 50 percent. The qualifying temperature is determined by the recorded temperature from Weather.com at the time of ticket sales.
Zoo Atlanta Library Pass Program
Georgia residents who own a library card can receive a free family pass from their local library branch. This pass entitles a family of four to free admission to the zoo for one day. The pass can only be checked out once a year per household. To get the family pass, library cardholders must check out the "Zoo Atlanta Family Pass DVD" at the library's front desk. After returning the DVD to the library, cardholders receive a printed receipt. The receipt works as the family pass and is good for seven days after issuance. The family pass covers admission for up to two adults and up to two children.
How to Save at the Zoo
Zoo Atlanta Hotel Deals
Hotels located near the Atlanta Fulton County Zoo offer discounted room packages that can make a visit more affordable. Some of these hotels offer discounted rates. Others offer amenities such as a welcome bottle of wine, or free breakfast, while others include free admission to attractions, including the Fulton County Zoo.
- The Comfort Suites Hotel in downtown Atlanta features a room package that includes an overnight stay, a free breakfast for two, and two adult CityPASS tickets. The CityPASS tickets include admission to Zoo Atlanta and five other attractions in the city. The Comfort Suites Hotel is located at 54 Peachtree Street SW, Atlanta, GA, two miles from the zoo. Guests can make reservations by calling (678)702-8600.
- The Wingate by Wyndham - LaGrange-Callaway, GA offers a choice of two Atlanta Zoo package Deals. The adult package includes one night's accommodations for two, two adult tickets, a disposable camera, and breakfast. The family package includes one night's accommodations for four, two adult tickets, two children's tickets, a disposable camera, and breakfast. The hotel is located at 103 Wingate Terrace, LaGrange, GA 30241, and can be reached by phone at 706-298-5270.
- The Sheraton Atlanta Hotel offers the "Explore Atlanta Package", which includes overnight accommodations, self-parking, and discounts to attractions within the city. The Sheraton is located at 165 Courtland Street NE, Atlanta, GA, two miles from the zoo. Visitors can contact the hotel at (404)659-6500.
- Country Inn & Suites near Turner Field is two miles away from Zoo Atlanta. This hotel features a "Romance Package" that includes an overnight stay for two, as well as a complimentary bottle of wine and a free breakfast. Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown South is located at 759 Pollard Boulevard, Atlanta, GA and guests can reserve their rooms by calling (404)658-1961.
- At the Holiday Inn Capitol Conference Center, AARP members can get a 10 percent discount on their stay at the hotel. The Holiday Inn Capitol Conference Center is located two miles away from the Atlanta Fulton County Zoo at 450 Capitol Avenue, Atlanta, GA. The reservation line is (404)591-2000.
- AAA members qualify for up to 30 percent off their stays at The Westin Peachtree Plaza hotel. This luxury hotel is located at 210 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA, two miles from Zoo Atlanta. Reservations are available by calling (404)659-1400.
Zoo Atlanta Discount Days
From time to time, there are special events during the year that offer discounted admission to the zoo. Some of these are restricted to certain populations; others are available to all. Some pecial events are listed on an online calendar, which can be found at zooatlanta.org/home/trip_planner/plan_your_day_calendar, others are on the special offers page at zooatlanta.org/home/hours_and_rates/special_offers
- Visitors who wore green on St. Patrick's Day 2012 saved $3 on admission.
- A once every four years discount was offered on February 29, 2012. Zoo members received 29% off all gift shop purchases, food and concessions, as well as a free gift. The discount also applied to all Stroller and Adventure Club purchases for March 2012.
- Walmart sponsored discounted tickets on Sunday, October 10, 2011, Sunday, November 14, 2011, and Sunday, February 26, 2012. Guests who mentioned the phrase "Walmart Fun Days" when purchasing their admission at the box office could buy their tickets for $5 each - over a 75% discount off regular admission.
- The Fiesta de la Familia was held on September 26, 2011. The event was sponsored by Wells Fargo bank; tickets were $10 for kids & $15 for adults.
Also See: Atlanta Deals, Atlanta Botanical Garden Deals, Six Flags Over Georgia Deals, High Museum of Art Deals, Fernbank Museum of Natural History Deals, Atlanta Botanical Garden Deals, World of Coca-Cola Deals