From Best Travel Coupon Guide
St. Augustine, Florida is the oldest city in the United States, having first been settled by Spain in 1565. Today, the city remains a travel destination for tourists, featuring a variety of sites and attractions for vacationers and locals to enjoy. St. Augustine discounts and deals can help visitors to the city save money on a variety of entertainment attractions, retail stores, dining, and lodging. Dollars off deals, and buy one, get one free (BOGO) offers are available online as printable coupons or coupon codes, or visitors can pick up local tourist guides, coupon mailers, or coupon books. Savings are also offered to seniors, military personnel, and to those traveling in groups.
|Airport||Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)|
|Alternate airport(s)||Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV), and Orlando International Airport (MCO)|
|Parking rates||$1.50/hr. for meters|
|Visitor center address||29 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
|Visitor center phone||800-653-2489|
St. Augustine Coupons and Free Offers
- The Big Fat Coupon Book offers deals for area attractions, ghost tours, restaurants and nightlife, golfing, shopping, and museums. Savings are available for attractions like the Fountain of Youth, IMAX Theatre, Marineland, the Alligator Farm, Adventure Landing, and Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium.
- The St. Augustine Attractions Association offers printable coupons for tourists. Deals include 20 percent off admission to the Colonial Spanish Quarter Museum, $2 off admission to Old Town Trolley Tours of St. Augustine, and a free VIP coupon book for use at St. Augustine Premium Outlets.
- Several attractions and museums in St. Augustine offer free or discounted admission for guests. These offers are available at facilities such as:
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park - Extends free admission to children younger than age two and annual members.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum - Offers a printable coupon good for 10 percent off adult and child admission.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium - Allows children younger than age six to enter for free with a paying adult.
St. Augustine Discounts and Deals
- Hotels in St. Augustine regularly offer discounted vacation packages for tourists and guests. Available offers include the following:
- The Casa Monica Hotel - The Putter's Green Package includes an overnight stay for two, complimentary cocktails, two rounds of golf, and free breakfast for two.
- The Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront - Guests who book their reservations in advance qualify for a discount of up to 20 percent on regular room rates.
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Visitors who are members of the Hilton HHonors rewards program earn double rewards points on stays through June 30, 2012.
- The St. Augustine Discount Card offers visitors, and especially locals, a way to save money at numerous businesses in the area. Free cards can be picked up at any participating business, or from the St. Johns Public Libraries in Ponte Verde and St. Augustine. Once consumers receive the free card, they can show it at any of the businesses offering deals, and in turn receive whatever offers are available. Consumers can find out about the latest discounts available by visiting the official St. Augustine Discount Card website.
- AAA members save on attractions, restaurants, and stores in St. Augustine. These discounts include 10 percent off at Angel's Lobster Buffet, $1.50 off admission to Congo River Golf, and 10 percent off at the Banana Republic Factory Store.
Free St. Augustine Attractions and Events
Visitors that want to avoid all admission fees can take advantage of a variety of freebies throughout the city of St. Augustine. This includes some of the following:
- Fort Matanzas National Monument is free to the public. This includes a free ferry ride to the fort. The ferry can carry up to 35 people, and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The beaches in St. Augustine are also free, and some allow visitors to drive on them as well.
- Several museums throughout St. Augustine participate in the annual National Museum Day. Select museums throughout the country offer free admission for one day in September. St. Augustine museums that participate, or have participated include the Lightner Museum, the Colonial Spanish Quarter, and the Government House Museum of History and Archaeology.
St. Augustine Vacation
About St. Augustine
St. Augustine, Florida, sometimes referred to as the "Old City," offers visitors and locals an assortment of attractions, lodging, and dining. This includes such sites as the Lightner Museum, the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, the Colonial Spanish Quarter, and the Fountain of Youth. Other attractions include Fiesta Falls Miniature Golf, the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum, and the Mission of Nombre de Dios & Shrine.