From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Located in Columbus, Georgia, the National Civil War Naval Museum features exhibits about the role of the U.S. navy in the Civil War. Guests who use National Civil War Naval Museum deals save on admission for children, seniors, members of the U.S. military, and college students. Additional offers are available for groups and annual museum members.
|Operated by||National Civil War Naval Museum|
|Address||1002 Victory Drive, Columbus, GA 31901|
|Types of deals||Discounted admission, annual member benefits|
|Typical savings||$1 off admission|
- Frequent museum visitors who purchase annual memberships save on admission to the National Civil War Museum. Benefits include free museum admission for an entire year, a 10 percent discount on purchases in the museum gift shop, and a free subscription to the museum newsletter. Memberships are available in the following levels:
- Shipmate – Costs $25 per year and is good for two guests.
- Lieutenant – Costs $50 per year and is good for four guests.
- Commander – Costs $100 per year and is valid for six visitors.
- Captain – Costs $250 per year and includes nine guests.
- Commodore – Costs $500 per year and offers benefits for 12 visitors.
- Admiral – Costs $1000 per year and grants admission to an unlimited number of guests.
- Young children receive free admission to the museum with a paying adult.
- The National Civil War Naval Museum operates both a Facebook and a Twitter page. Social networking users who follow the museum on these sites receive information about upcoming events, promotional offers, and discounts.
- Senior citizens receive a $1 discount on admission to the National Civil War Naval Museum.
- Members of the U.S. military qualify for a discounted admission rate of $6.50 per person. Guests may need to show a valid military ID.
- College students receive a $1.50 admission discount to the museum.
- The National Civil War Naval Museum offers discounted tour rates for groups of 20 students or more. Rates range from $5 to $8 per student and include a variety of topics, including the life of a Civil War sailor, the role of African-Americans in the war, and medical practices during the Civil War. Students in Muscogee County qualify for a special tour that costs just $2 per person.
The National Civil War Museum features exhibits and displays about the American Navy during the Civil War. Exhibits include a collection of naval war flags, a Civil War naval timeline, and a full-scale model of the USS Water Witch - a side-wheel steamship that was captured by Confederate forces. The museum is open seven days a week, closing only on major holidays such as New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.