From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Meramec Caverns is located near both Branson and St. Louis, Missouri. The caverns are open year round, closing only on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Daily tours depart every 20-30 minutes, beginning at 9 a.m. Tours of the caverns last one hour and twenty minutes. Meramec Caverns discounts and deals can help visitors save money on admission costs. Printable coupons for the caverns are available online, offering dollars off cave tour prices. Additional savings are available for groups who visit Meramec Caverns together.
|Operated by||Meramec Caverns|
|Address||Off Interstate 44, Exit 230, in Stanton, Missouri|
|Types of deals||Printable coupons, group discounts|
|Typical savings||$1-$5 off, BOGO deals|
Meramec Caverns Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of five are admitted free.
- The 2013 Entertainment Coupon Book includes a coupon that is good for a free boat ride admission at Meramec Caverns with the purchase of a boat ride admission.
Meramec Caverns Discounts and Deals
- Children aged 5 to 11 receive a 50 percent discount on general admission to Meramec Caverns when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Kids save $10 on ziplining tours at Meramec Caverns.
- The caverns offer a discounted Riverboat Ride rate to children. Kids aged 5 to 11 pay just $5 per person.
- Children also qualify for a 50 percent discount on the caverns' special Lantern Tour, which is held on weekend nights in June.
- Group discounts are available for guests visiting with 15 or more people. Adults pay a discounted group rate of $14 per person and kids aged 5-11 save $2.75 per person. Meramec Caverns also grants discounted group rates to school students. Middle school students pay just $8 per person and high school students pay just $10 per person. The park also offers one free admission ticket for every 20 group tickets purchased. Groups must make their reservations in advance in order to qualify for the discounted admission rate.
- Meramec Caverns also operates a campground. Discount rates are available when guests have 10 or more tents on one site. The savings is $1 off per tent.
Visiting Meramec Caverns
About Meramec Caverns
Meramec Caverns has a rich history dating back to 1720, when French explorer Philipp Renault discovered the cave, which contained saltpeter. Although the cave had been used by Osage natives prior to 1720, it was Renault that put the cave on the map, and began mining it for saltpeter. Over the years, new discoveries were made within the caverns. In 1941, for example, artifacts were found that suggested Jesse James had once made the cave his hideout.
Today, there are seven levels that make up Meramec Caverns.