From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Connecticut features sea stars, river otters, sand tigers, sharks, sea turtles and over 1,000 other marine animals. In addition to aquatic life, the aquarium offers an IMAX theater and many educational opportunities. Guests can munch at the venue's casual Cascade Cafe, featuring pre-made sandwiches salads, soups, and fruit.
The aquarium offers discounts and deals throughout the year. They also partner with area hotels to offer lodging packages. Special children's programs are sometimes offered at nominal costs, such as the Toy Boat-Making Workshop, where kids construct their own sailboat and then decorate it to take home.
Flickr: Maritime Aquarium
|Operated by||Maritime Aquarium|
|Address||10 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT 06854|
|Types of deals||Membership, dollars off admission|
|Typical savings||10 to 20 percent|
Maritime Aquarium Coupons and Free Offers
- Free Shark Dives: On most Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year, at 11:45 a.m. & 1:45 p.m., guests can witness aquarium staff members diving into a tank of sand tiger sharks. Guests can talk with the divers throughout the presentation.
- Membership: Frequent guests may become members of the Maritime Aquarium and receive free admission for a year. Members also receive $1 to $2 discounts on IMAX movies, a 10% discount at the gift shop, discounts on programs and trips, invitations to members-only events, access to discounted guest passes and a complimentary subscription to the "Maritimes" magazine. Seniors aged 65 and up get a $10 discount on memberships. Multiple member categories are available for individuals and families.
- Free child: Children under 2 are admitted to the aquarium free of charge.
Maritime Aquarium Discounts and Deals
- Cell phone: Guests can text TMA to 71297 to receive updates and potential discount offers by phone.
- Value Pass: Guests can purchase a combo ticket that includes a 3-D adventure ride-film, an IMAX movie, and aquarium admission for a $3 savings. It is also possible to buy combo passes for the aquarium and a ride, or the aquarium and an IMAX movie.
- The MTA sells a package that combines a discounted rail ticket and discounted admission to the Maritime Museum. The package can be purchased at the Metro-North Railroad ticket office, and may also be available at stops with full service ticket vending machines.
- Hotel packages- Hotels that offer lodging and aquarium packages include Delmar on Greenwich Harbor, Holiday Inn downtown Stamford, Courtyard by Marriott downtown Stamford, Norwalk Inn, Delmar Southport, and The Westport Inn.
- Groups: Discounts vary based on the type of group. The aquarium offers special schedules and offers for school field trips. A basic program for up to 28 students and a 7:1 student-to-chaperone ratio costs $110 for a classroom program plus $7.75 per student. An IMAX movie and a ride-film can be added for a small additional charge. These events must be booked four weeks prior to the visit.
About the Maritime Aquarium
The Maritime Aqurium is located in the "SoNo" (or South Norwalk) area of Norwalk, Connecticut. The aquarium features a wide range of displays, including touch tanks for crabs and sting rays. Animal feedings also provide an entertaining activity, especially for children. While the aquarium is smaller than some aquariums in the U.S., it's size offers a more relaxed and less crowded alternative without sacrificing many aquarium features.
The Maritime Aquarium is generally open between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily, except for Christmas day and Thanksgiving, when they allow the animals to take a day off. The aquarium may close on inclement weather days and have extended hours during July and August.