From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The Margaret Mitchell House and Museum is located on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia. At the historic site, guests can tour the home where author Margaret Mitchell lived and view exhibits from her life and work. Margaret Mitchell House deals can make a trip to the museum more affordable for guests. Available discounts include reduced price admission and benefits for annual members.
|Operated by||The Atlanta History Center|
|Address||990 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Types of deals||Discounted admission, annual membership benefits|
|Typical savings||25 percent|
Margaret Mitchell House Coupons and Free Offers
- Families can download the free family visitor guide directly from the Margaret Mitchell House website. The guide includes biographical information about Mitchell herself, as well as the exhibits on display at the house and museum.
- Frequent visitors can purchase an annual membership to receive free admission to the museum for 365 days. Membership includes admission to both the Margaret Mitchell House and the Atlanta History Center, as well as free guest passes, and a 10 percent discount on purchases at the museum gift shop. Annual passes also include free admission to other historical museums in the U.S., including the New York Transit Museum in Brooklyn, NY, the Tennessee State Museum in Nashville, and the Missouri History Museum in St. Louis. Members also receive discounts on summer camps held at the museum. Annual pass prices begin at $50 for individuals and $75 for families.
- The AHC Insider membership program grants visitors unlimited access to the Margaret Mitchell House for a year, as well as a 50 percent discount on lectures at the museum. Prices begin at $500 annually.
Margaret Mitchell House Discounts and Deals
- Visitors can save $2 by purchasing admission tickets online rather than at the museum itself.
- Senior citizens aged 65 and older get a $3 discount on admission to the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum when they present a valid form of ID.
- Teens aged 13 to 18 qualify for a discounted admission rate of $10.
- Children aged 4 to 12 get a $4.50 discount on admission to the museum when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Guests can purchase combination admission tickets to both the Margaret Mitchell House and the Atlanta History Center for $22 – a 25 percent savings. Children can purchase these tickets for $12, while seniors and teens qualify for a discounted rate of $17.50.
- The Margaret Mitchell House and Museum participates in the CityPASS program, which gives tourists access to five different Atlanta attractions, including the High Museum of Art, the Georgia Aquarium, and the World of Coca-Cola for one discounted rate. Adult CityPASS prices are $69 and child prices are $49.
- Facebook users can “like” the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum on the social networking site to receive information about upcoming sales and discounts at the attraction. The Atlanta History Center, which is affiliated with the Margaret Mitchell House, also operates a Twitter page for followers.
- Visitors can sign up to receive free email alerts that provide information about upcoming discounts, ticket packages, and free events at the Margaret Mitchell House.
Visiting the Margaret Mitchell House
About the Margaret Mitchell House
The Margaret Mitchell House and Museum is the historic site where author Margaret Mitchell wrote her classic novel “Gone With the Wind”. Since Mitchell’s death, the house has been turned into a museum with exhibits relating to Mitchell’s life, her work, and items from the film “Gone With the Wind”. The museum is open on Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Guided tours of the museum are available on a first-come, first-served basis.