From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Lake Lanier deals includes discounts and savings on hotel stays, attractions, and restaurant meals in the area. The majority of Lake Lanier consists of Lake Lanier Islands Resort, but the nearby town of Gainesville is also home to other attractions such as the Interactive Neighborhood for Kids children's museum. Discounts at Lake Lanier include special deals for resort guests and young children.
Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 22037484|
Flickr: Timothy J. Carroll
|Airport||Atlanta/Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (ATL)|
|Alternate airport||Athens-Ben Epps Airport (AHN)|
|Parking rates||$10-15 per day|
|Visitor center||2875 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30507|
Lake Lanier Coupons and Free Offers
- Several outdoor parks at Lake Lanier are free to the public. Free outdoor parks include Buford Dam Park, Clarks Bridge Park, Lanier Point Park, River Forks Park, and Thompson Bridge Park. Amenities at the parks include playgrounds, boat ramps, and swimming areas.
- Babyland General Hospital, the only "hospital" where children can witness the birth of Cabbage Patch Kids, is located near Lake Lanier in Cleveland, Georgia. Admission to this attraction is free. Children are allowed to pick out their own Cabbage Patch Kids and officially adopt them for a fee.
- The Buford Dam, located on Lake Lanier, is free for visitors. Guests can reach the dam by hiking along one of the trails at the lake.
Lake Lanier Discounts and Deals
- Visitors who buy attraction tickets to LanierWorld, the lake's water park, can get discounted rates for seniors and children under 42 inches tall. Tourists who come to the park after 3 p.m. or 5 p.m. qualify for reduced rates as well.
- The Elachee Nature Science Center, a nearby nature preserve, features reduced prices for children aged 2 to 12.
- Lake Lanier Islands Resort, the largest resort at the lake itself, offers discounted rate packages throughout the year for families, couples, and holiday visitors. Packages include accommodations, dining, and additional services such as spa treatments and sporting events.
Lake Lanier Attractions
About Lake Lanier
Lake Lanier is located about one hour northeast of the metro Atlanta, Georgia area. The largest attraction in the area is the lake itself, which has more than 38,000 acres of water within its banks. During the 1996 Summer Olympics, Lake Lanier was the site of the Olympic Rowing and Kayaking events. Attractions in the area include Lake Lanier Islands Resort, LanierWorld, and several boat marinas.