From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Knoebels Amusement Resort, located in Elysburg, Pennsylvania, bills itself as “America’s Largest Free-Admission Park.” While guests pay no admission fee, they do pay for each ride they get on. Individual ride prices range from 75 cents to $4 each. Many visitors purchase a “Ride All Day” package that allows them to have unlimited rides throughout the park. These offers cost $31 for a basic ticket, and $38.50 for tickets that include rides on the wooden roller coasters. Knoebels deals help guests save money on ride tickets.
Although rides and attractions require tickets, entertainment is absolutely free. All types of bands and artists play at Knoebels, from high school jazz ensembles to professionals. The music ranges from oldies to rock to bluegrass to Zydeco to Elvis-impersonators, and is free of charge to all park guests. Shows are held 2 to 3 times a day at both the Bandshell and the Roaring Creek Saloon. In addition to music, the entertainment includes comedy shows, ventriloquists, and magic shows held on occasion during the summer.
|Operated by||Knoebels Amusement Resort|
|Address||391 Knoebels Road, Elysburg, Pennsylvania 17824|
|Open||April to October; weekends only after Labor Day|
|Types of deals||Coupons, discounts, free tickets|
|Typical savings||$4 off an all day ride pass|
Knoebels Coupons and Free Offers
- While rides at Knoebel's range from .$ to $3.00 each, Knoebels offers free admission to all visitors daily.
- Knoebels visitors park for free at the amusement resort.
- Riders who catch the brass ring on the 1912 carousel get their next ride for free.
- Weis Markets sells a coupon redeemable for $20 of ride tickets for $16. The coupon must be exchanged for tickets during the 2012 season, but the ride tickets never expire.
Knoebels Discounts and Deals
Guests who visit Knoebels after 5:00 p.m. during the summer are eligible to purchase a basic All Day Ride plan for $19 – a discount of $13. The upgraded All Day Ride plan which includes access to the wooden roller coasters is available for just $23 - a $16.50 discount.
Knoebel's Hotel Deals
- Visitors who stay at hotels near the Knoebel's Amusement Resort save with discounted room specials and vacation packages. Some offers include:
- Holiday Inn Express Bloomberg - This hotel features a 1,000 bonus point reward on reservations for Priority Club members.
- Best Western Plus - Located 12 miles from the park, this hotel offers rewards points for Best Western Visa cardholders.
- Hampton Inn Danville - Guests who book their reservations in advance get a 15 percent discount on rates.
Twister Roller Coaster at Knoebels
Knoebels Camping Deals
In addition to the attractions at Knoebels, the amusement park also offers camping. This includes an on-site campground with regular sites and cabins, and the Lake Glory Campground, which is near Knoebels and offers shuttle services to the park. 
- When campers check in, they can pick up a golf coupon for a discount at the Three Ponds Golf Club. Campers can play a round of golf for $27/person on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (non-holidays), or weekends and holidays after 2 p.m. The coupon is only good during a camper's stay at the Knoebels campground. Also, the golf course does not rent clubs. Players must provide their own golf clubs.
- Discounted camping is available in connection with special events, such as Hallo-Fun at Knoebels.
Knoebels Amusement Resort has over 60 rides and attractions for the whole family. Little visitors can experience 20 kiddie rides, including the “Cub Cars”, the "Kiddie Wheel", the "Flying Tigers", the "Sky Slide", and the “Space Walk”. Adults and thrill seekers can jump on the “Cosmotron,” the "Satellite", the "Fandango", the “Power Surge,” or the classic wooden “Phoenix” roller coaster. Families can experience 19 different rides together such as the "Balloon Race Ride", the "Old Smokey Train", the "Grand Carousel", the "Scenic Skyride", and the "Paradrop". Additional attractions at Knoebel's Amusement Resort include the Bald Eagle Habitat, the Knoebels History Museum, the Mining Museum, Playland, and the Three Ponds Golf Course, an 18-hole course.
Knoebels Hallo-Fun Deals
Each October, Knoebels holds its annual "Hallo-Fun" event. This celebration includes special attractions for Halloween and stretches over several nights during October. Several of the park's attractions are redecorated with a Halloween theme during the celebration, including the Haunted Antique Cars, the Twister (in the dark), and the Freaky Fandango. Park guests can also experience the Knoebel's Straw Maze for free during Hallo-Fun.