From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The Indiana State Museum is located in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Mondays. Admission prices are $7 for adults, $6.50 for seniors, and $4 for children. IMAX films are $9.50 for adults, $7.50 for seniors, and $6 for children. Indiana State Museum discounts and deals allow visitors to save on the overall cost of admission and IMAX films. Savings include group discounts, member discounts, and combo deals.
Flickr: Paul J Everett
|Operated by||The Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites|
|Address||650 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204|
|Types of deals||Group discounts, member discounts, military discounts, state employee discounts|
|Typical savings||Up to $3.50 off admission|
Indiana State Museum Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of three are admitted free.
- In the past, the Indiana State Museum has offered all active duty military personnel, as well as their families, free admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Visitors can purchase an annual membership to the museum to receive free admission for an entire year. Additional perks include 10% off at the museum store, IMAX film vouchers, access to discounted admission for friends and family (the discount rate is the group rate cost), and free or discounted admission to more than 300 science centers worldwide. In addition, the museum holds special member-only events. Membership levels include Individual, Individual Premier, Family, Grandparent and Patron.
- The Indiana State Museum grants free museum admission to all K-12 educators who show a valid form of identification.
Indiana State Museum Discounts and Deals
- Indiana state employees save $10 on museum membership. This offer is good for all membership levels. In order to receive the discount, guests need to present their employee badges or a paycheck stub upon purchase.
- Guests who plan on visiting the museum with a group of 20 or more people can save on admission. Discount rates are $5.50 for adults ($1.50 in savings), $5 for seniors ($1.50 in savings), and $3.50 for children ($.50 in savings).Visitors can learn more about group visits by calling 317-232-1637.
- Visitors who purchase combination tickets for the museum and an IMAX movie save. The cost of a combo ticket is $13 for adults, $11 for seniors, and $8 for children. Adults save $3.50, seniors save $3, and children save $2 off the regular admission prices.
- Field trip groups who reserve advance tours at the Indiana State Museum qualify for reduced admission. The museum offers a student admission rate of $1.50 per person for groups of at least 15 visitors. To qualify, school groups must be associated with a public or homeschooling group from grades K-12. One adult chaperone is admitted free for every five paid students. Additional adults can receive admission at the reduced rate of $8 per person.
About Indiana State Museum
The Indiana State Museum has origins dating back to the Civil War Era when Deloss Brown, a state librarian, started a mineral and curiosity collection in 1862. The collection began as a single cabinet of "exhibits," to which a state geologist was eventually assigned to maintain. In 1967, the state museum was given its present home.
Since then, the museum has grown to offer visitors hands-on experiences exploring Indiana's history, as well as exhibits that highlight art, culture, and science. The Indiana State Museum also features an IMAX theatre, museum store, educational programs, a cafe, special events, and online ticketing.