From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The city of Galveston, Texas is an island located on the Gulf of Mexico. Within the city limits are 32 miles of beaches, although the island is only 2 ½ miles wide. Guests who plan to visit Galveston may be interested in finding discounts on hotels, restaurants, and attractions in the area. Galveston deals are available from many of the city’s merchants, and can be found online as well as through printed sources and local businesses.
|Airport||Scholes International Airport at Galveston|
|Alternate airport(s)||William P. Hobby Airport|
|Visitor center address||2328 Broadway Galveston, TX 77550|
|Visitor center phone||888-425-4753|
Galveston Coupons and Free Offers
Galveston coupons are available from the city’s official tourism website, galveston.com. Guests must book their hotel, motel, condo, or resort stays via the galveston.com website in order to receive the coupons. The total value of the coupon book is $500, and offers include:
- $1 off admission to the Great Storm Theatre at Pier 21
- $2 off fare for the Galveston Duck Tour, good for every person in the party
- $3 off admission to Schlitterbahn Waterpark
- $1 off admission to the Texas Seaport Museum, featuring the tall ship Elissa
- 10 percent off ice cream at Ben and Jerry’s
- 20 percent off purchases at the Sea Splash Ice Cream Parlor
Valpak also offers coupons for use at Galveston area merchants. These coupons include 50% off lunch or dinner at Barcenas Mexican Restaurant, $5 to $10 off of food at Pomodoro's restaurant (depending on bill total), and 10% off at Elite Lube & Inspection, plus a free brake inspection.
Galveston Discounts and Deals
Hotels in the Galveston area often offer special promotional rates for vacation packages. This is a sampling of package deals available:
- The San Luis Resort Spa & Conference Center – This hotel offers a “Bon Voyage" package for guests cruising out of The Port of Galveston. The package includes a shuttle to and from the port, parking for the length of the cruise, and special room rates.
- The Moody Gardens Hotel – At this hotel, guests can book the “Stay and Play Golf Package”, which offers an overnight stay, a round of golf, and use of a golf cart. Rates begin at $253 per night for a single person.
Museums in the Galveston area frequently offer free or discounted admission for select visitors. These attractions include:
- Lone Star Flight Museum - Features discounted membership for high school and college students ages 16 to 22.
- Texas Seaport Museum - Offers discounts for tour groups and children aged six to 18, as well as free museum admission for children aged five and younger.
- Galveston Railroad Museum - Extends free admission privileges to members of the U.S. military and their families.
Attractions in Galveston include historical sites such as the 1859 Ashton Villa, the 1892 Bishop’s Palace, and the 1895 Moody Mansion. The city is also home to several museums such as the Railroad Museum, the Lone Star Flight Museum, and the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum. The area’s amusement park, Schlitterbahn, draws families from around the country every year.