From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Referred to as "The Land of Enchantment," the state of New Mexico is located adjacent to the states of Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma. New Mexico is also part of The Four Corners, the only place in the United states where four states come together and visitors are able to stand in all four at one time. Consumers who plan on visiting New Mexico's numerous hotels, restaurants, and attractions have access to a variety of savings opportunities, including dollars off savings, percentages off deals, and buy one, get one free discounts.
New Mexico became the 47th state of the United States on January 6, 1912. The state, which in 2010 boasted a population of 2,059,179, adopted the roadrunner as its state bird, the yucca as its state flower, and "O Fair New Mexico" as its state song.
Flickr: Lip Kee
|State capital||Santa Fe|
|Major attractions||White Sands National Monument, Billy the Kid Museum, Carlsbad Caverns, Cliff's Amusement Park|
|Official tourism office||NewMexico.org, 505-827-7400|
New Mexico Deals
- The Premium Shopping Guide at nmcoupons.com offers a variety of coupons from local merchants in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Los Lunas, Placitas, Rio Rancho, and Bemalillo. The shopping guide magazine is available as a print edition, but also offers printable versions of the coupons. Offers are available for stores, services, restaurants, and hotels and include discounts at Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Midas, Mia's Day Spa, Firehouse Subs, Pet Suite's, and Blind Express.
- The Valpak coupon mailer features coupons and discounts for New Mexico cities such as Deming, Gallup, Grants, Cloudcroft, and Roswell.
- Golfnow.com offers access to numerous discount golf tee times throughout New Mexico, including discounts at Gallup Municipal Golf Course, Chamisa Hills Country Club, and 12 Shores at Ute Lake.
New Mexico Hotel Deals
- The website HotelCoupons.com offers a variety of hotel and travel coupons for numerous New Mexico cities, including Roswell, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Taos, Gallup, and Grants. Offers include special dollars off walk-in rates for hotels like Baymont Inn and Suites and La Quinta Inn.
- The official websites of hotels and resorts throughout New Mexico also offer access to savings opportunities. For example, the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino features a "Special Offers" section on the resort's official site. Offers include deals on lodging and golf.
- Newmexico.org offers a section on "Great Travel Deals", featuring a variety of hotel packages throughout the state like the The Lodge Resort & Spa at Cloudcroft - Cloudcroft , Columbine Inn - Taos Ski Valley, and El Pueblo Bonito B&B Inn - Santa Fe.
New Mexico City Deals
- The Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau has a section on "Specials and Coupons". Offers listed here include printable coupons, a listing of free and affordable events and activities in the city, and a section devoted to getaway packages for golf, spa, the Balloon Fiesta, and more. Some of the free events include free wine tasting at Corrales Winery and Anasazi Fields and free admission to University of New Mexico Museums such as the Meteorite Museum and the Southwest Biology Museum. Printable coupons include $4 off at Cliff's Amusement Park, a BOGO $5 Fun Card at the Hinkle Family Fun Center, and $5 off a food purchase of $25 or more at Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar.
- Numerous businesses in Albuquerque offer Groupon deals, including Beauty secrets by Virginia, Amaya Productions, and Actualize Your Health!
- The Albuquerque Entertainment Coupon Book is available to purchase through the official Entertainment Coupon Book website. Offers include savings at the Sandia Motor Speedway, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Gap, Jiffy Lube, and Albuquerque Indoor Karting.
- The Santa Fe Convention and Visitors Bureau advertises a "Deals and Specials" section on its official website, featuring a variety of savings opportunities on skiing, museums, restaurants, and lodging. Some of these offers are in the form of package deals with area lodging. The website also sponsors a "Contests and Giveaways" section, featuring contests at various times throughout the year. This includes a Winter Wonderland Giveaway for a two-night stay at Bishop's Lodge Resort with a credit of $100 per night at the resort and a $100 gift card for Charlotte Santa Fe.
The New York Times: 36 Hours in Santa Fe, New Mexico