From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Iowa deals offer visitors and locals alike discounts on lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment. Offers are available through tourism websites and inside coupon books and mailers.
Iowa, nicknamed "The Hawkeye State," borders the states of Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. The first settlers began arriving in Iowa as early as 1788, and Iowa became the 29th U.S. state on December 28, 1846. The state calls the Wild Rose as its official flower, the Oak its state tree, and the Eastern Goldfinch its state bird.
Flickr: Kelly Colgan Azar
|State capital||Des Moines|
|Largest city||Des Moines|
|Official tourism office||TravelIowa.com, 888-472-6035|
- The official Iowa tourism office website, TravelIowa.com, lists the state's Welcome Center locations. These centers provide visitors with brochures, maps, and travel magazines for entertainment and lodging options throughout the state. Inside the brochures are coupons and discount offers for select attractions as well.
- The Valpak coupon mailer is another resource for savings on a local level. Valpak offers printable coupons on its official website, as well as mailer coupons, for an assortment of Iowa cities including milo, Des Moines, Cushing, Holy Cross, Cedar Rapids, Ames, Iowa City, and Davenport. For example, Iowa City Valpak offers include dollars off and percentages off City Sightseeing Cruises.
Iowa Hotel Deals
- The Interstate Travel Buddy offers both a printed edition (available at travel centers and businesses) and an online edition (good for printable coupons) for hotel discounts throughout the state. The website lists numerous cities throughout the state and hotels offering discounts in that city. For example, savings are available in Iowa City for the Clarion Highlander and the Presidential Inn. Discounts in Sioux City are offered at the Rodeway Inn.
- The official websites of specific hotels and resorts often publish package deals and other savings options for customers. For example, the Red Coach Inn and Restaurant lists on its website a 10 percent discount for AAA and AARP members, a 15 percent discount for corporate travel, a 10 percent group rate when 10 or more rooms are booked, a discounted rate for military personnel, and a 10 percent discount for guests in town for a funeral. The King's Pointe Waterpark Resort offers a special Promotions section, featuring savings on special events and discounts for members of the resort's free Splash Club.
Iowa City Deals
Des Moines Deals
- The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau offers an entire section on Des Moines coupons and special offers. Printable coupons for an assortment of attractions, dining, and activities are available, providing dollars off deals, percentages off discounts, and BOGO opportunities. Coupons are available for Adventureland, the Blank Park Zoo, the Iowa Cubs, Jasper Winery, Living History Farm, and the Science Center of Iowa.
- The DesMoinesCoupons.com website publishes printable coupons for a variety of local Des Moines restaurants, attractions, and businesses, including offers for Pressure Point Cleaners and Montana Mike's.
Cedar Rapids Deals
- The Cedar Rapids Visitors Guide, published by the Cedar Rapids Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, contains coupons and special offers from area merchants. The guide can be ordered, or downloaded, from the CRACVB at cedar-rapids.com/partners.
- Visitors who tour the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art can use discounts to save on select ticket purchases. For example, senior citizens aged 62 and older and college students save $1 on admission with valid ID. All visitors to the museum receive free admission on Thursday nights from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Students of participating colleges such as Mount Mercy University and Cornell College qualify for free daily admission.
Haunted Places in Iowa