From Best Travel Coupon Guide
Illinois deals, savings, and vacation packages offer discounts for visitors and residents on dining, lodging and entertainment. While many deals are centered around Chicago, deals are also available in other parts of the state. Participating attractions include the Niabi Zoo, the Navy Pier, and the Shedd Aquarium. Several hotels around Illinois feature exclusive deals for members of AAA Auto Club, senior citizens, and visitors who make their reservations in advance.
|Year established||Became the 21st state on December 3, 1818|
|Major attractions||Shedd Aquarium, Six Flags Great America, Museum of Science and Industry|
|Official tourism office||EnjoyIllinois.com, 1-800-2CONNECT|
Many of the attractions, museums, and amusement parks in Illinois feature promotional offers and discounts for visitors. Some of these attractions include:
- Six Flags Great America - Visitors who purchase their park tickets at least three days in advance save $22 on general admission.
- Niabi Zoo - Senior citizens and children receive an admission discount everyday. The zoo also features a special half-price admission event every Tuesday.
- Adler Planetarium - Several times a year, the planetarium grants free museum admission to residents of Illinois who show a valid form of ID. In 2013, these days include several dates during the month of June.
Illinois Hotel Deals
Hotels in Illinois regularly advertise room specials and discounted rates, particularly for select guests.
- AAA Auto Club members receive special discounts at several hotels in the state, including 20 percent off at Best Western, five percent off at Courtyard, 10 percent off at Hampton Inn, and five percent off at Fairfield Inn. Visitors must show a valid ID card to receive the deal.
- The Four Seasons Hotel in Chicago features special packages for couples, families, and individuals. For example, the "Stay Longer" promotion includes a free third night with a two-night reservation.
- The Amalfi Hotel, a luxury hotel in Chicago, offers a special "Pamper Your Pooch" package that includes an overnight stay, a doggie bed and a treat, and a complimentary welcome gift bag for pets.
Illinois City Deals
- The Chicago-area Entertainment Coupon Book includes coupons for use at local businesses and attractions. The 2013 book features coupons for use at Burger King, the DuSable Museum of African-American History, Eddie Bauer, and Maaco.
- At the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, Illinois residents qualify for free admission on special "Discount Days" each year. Remaining dates in 2013 include days in September, October, and November.
- The Henson Robinson Zoo in Springfield offers admission discounts for children younger than age 13 and senior citizens aged 62 and older. Children younger than age 2 receive free admission everyday with a paying adult.
- Select visitors who tour the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield may use admission discounts for their tickets. Seniors age 62 and older save $3, children aged 5 to 15 save $6, and members of the U.S. military save $5 with valid military ID.
Pages in category "Illinois Deals"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.