From Best Travel Coupon Guide
The APEX Museum, an Atlanta, Georgia attraction, features historical exhibits that highlight the history of African-Americans in the United States. The acronym, APEX, stands for African American Panoramic Experience. The museum’s motto is “Where Every Month is Black History Month”. APEX Museum deals include such offers as discounted admission for students and senior citizens, as well as special group tour rates and member benefits.
|Operated by||APEX Museum|
|Address||135 Auburn Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30303|
|Types of deals||Discounted admission, group rates, member benefits|
|Typical savings||25 percent off admission|
APEX Museum Coupons and Free Offers
- Members of the APEX Museum receive free admission every day of the year. Depending on the membership level, members also receive other free benefits such as a complimentary APEX Museum poster, a DVD about the history of Sweet Auburn Avenue, and a DVD called "The Journey" that documents the journey of enslaved Africans to the United States.
- Children under the age of four receive free admission to the APEX Museum when accompanied by a paying adult.
APEX Museum Discounts and Deals
- Students receive a $1 discount on admission to the APEX Museum.
- Senior citizens aged 55 and older receive a $1 discount on APEX Museum admission.
- The museum offers discounted rates for groups who make their tour arrangements in advance. Adult groups of 10 to 24 people pay just $3.75 per person. Senior citizen groups and student groups pay just $2.75 per person. Adult groups of 25 or more pay $3.50 per person, while senior or student groups of 25 or more pay $2.50. Groups also receive the complimentary assistance of a tour guide.
- Visitors can “Like” the APEX Museum on Facebook or “follow” the attraction on Twitter to find out about current exhibits, events, and news.
- Students receive a 50 percent discount on the price of annual membership to the APEX Museum.
- Senior citizens save $15 on the price of a yearly membership at the APEX.
About the APEX Museum
The APEX Museum chronicles the history of both the continent of Africa and the people of Africa, particularly as they were affected by the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The museum contains historical exhibits relating to life in Africa, the journey to America for enslaved people, and life in America for emancipated African-Americans. The APEX also presents information and exhibits about African-American inventors and entrepreneurs, the Civil Rights Movement, and the history of Sweet Auburn Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia. Exhibits on display include a replica of the “Yates & Milton Drugstore”, one of the first Black-owned businesses in Atlanta and a pictorial timeline called “Africa: The Untold Story”. The museum also features traveling exhibits such as “Breaking Barriers: African-American Pioneers in the Space Program” and “What’s the Big Idea?: How Black Inventors and Their Inventions Have Changed Our Lives”.
Also See: Birmingham Civil Rights Institute Deals, National Civil Rights Museum Deals, High Museum of Art Deals, World of Coca-Cola Deals, Atlanta Botanical Garden Deals, Fernbank Museum of Natural History Deals