From Best Travel Coupon Guide
AARP discounts and deals are available to individuals aged 50 and older who are AARP member. For an annual fee of less than $20, members can get discounts for use on restaurant dining, shopping, automotive care, prescription drugs, vision care, insurance, and hearing aids. Some of the popular brands that participate in the AARP savings program include Walgreens,Dunkin Donuts, and Comfort Inn. Multi-year membership discounts are available that can bring the yearly rate to below $10. Spouses of members are offered a complementary membership.
Flickr: Mosman Council
|Address||601 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20049|
|Types of deals||Shopping discounts, travel discounts, dining deals|
|Typical savings||10% to 20%|
AARP Coupons and Free Offers
- AARP members receive free enrollment privileges in several health care programs, including the AARP Prescription Discount Program, the AARP Vision Discounts plan, and the AARP Hearing Care Program. These plans are free to join and include such offers as a free three-year supply of hearing aid btteries, discounts on purchases at eye care chains such as Lens Crafters and Pearle Vision, and complimentary medication delivery through the Walgreens Mail Service.
- AARP also offers a Medicare Advantage plan for eligible members that can augment traditional Medicare Part A and Part B.
- AARP members receive AARP The Magazine and the AARP bulletin as part of their membership plan. These publications offer free information regarding finances, health, entertainment, travel and many other topics. Often, discounts and limited-time offers are publicized in these publications.
AARP Discounts and Deals
- AARP members get discounts on shopping, dining, travel, and health care. These offers include the following:
- 15% off Vonage World phone service
- Discounts on purchases at Teleflora, Walgreens, Tanger Outlets, and Michael’s
- Percentage off deals at restaurants such as the Rainforest Café, Claim Jumper, Landry’s Seafood House, Denny’s, Dunkin Donuts, and concessions at Regal Entertainment Group movie theatres
- Discounts on rental cars from agencies, including Avis, Budget, Alamo, and National Car Rental
- Reduced rates on cruises from Norwegian Cruise Line, Grand European Tours, and MSC Cruises
- Special rates on guest stays at hotels, including Hilton, Days Inn, Travelodge, Best Western, Clarion Hotels, Comfort Inn, and Hampton Hotels
- Discounted rates on health insurance, life insurance, auto insurance, and homeowners’ insurance plans
- AARP members can apply for the AARP Chase Visa credit card. Cardholders receive a $100 cash back bonus after their first purchase, as well as 3% cash back on travel purchases and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- An AARP benefits handbook and products and services director is available for free on the AARP.org website. These publications are offered as a PDF download.
Betty White AARP Ad
AARP stands for “American Association of Retired People” and is a non-profit organization dedicated to those aged 50 and older. The organization charges a single membership fee each year and offers discounts, assistance, and support for older Americans. AARP is supervised by a volunteer Board of Directors. The group was founded in 1958 by a retired high school principal. Originally, AARP’s goal was to provide affordable health care insurance for older citizens. Over time, the organization expanded into discount pharmaceutical drugs, advocacy, and education for retirement-age individuals.